Monday, July 2, 2007

Think it's going to rain

I don't see how the folks in Seattle stand this stuff. Rain rain clouds mud rain....BAH.

Mondays are hard, rainy mondays are harder....but what's hard? I have to do some unpacking, go visit Uncle John, have lunch with my parents.....Oh yes, and find a job and figure out what I'm going to do for the rest of my life.

I ordered pizza for dinner and the cinnamon dessert tht even MOm admitted was good. I am opening new vistas of fast food for the folks. Every meal does not have to be five minutes, NOR does it have to be a 12 course banquet-Mom and I have a lot to learn from each other in that respect.

Daddy is coming to hook up my dryer-I really need to do laundry on slow starting days because at least I feel like I've accomplished something. And, I am really running out of clean clothes.

Work clothes are a problem too, but since I don't know what I'll be doing I don't know what to buy. Which comes first, the clothes or the job?

We have a routine in this no mans land of no job. Mornings I spend at the house, I go have lunch with Mom and Dad, work chores we do together are afternoons. Dinner is kind of up in the air. Basically, all schedules revolve around Mom's 3 meals a day. Hell, it's as good as anything else I guess.

Sometimes I have to bite my tongue. Mom does a class A job of keeping and running a house-truly. I don't. But I have a Master's degree, I've had plenty of travel, etc....In some circles that counts for more than a clean house.

It's almost as if Mom and Dad have locked themselves away in this little insulated world-well almost, it's exactly that. And I have to remind myself that I am being judged according to the world according to Betty and Claude standards and let it go at that.

Fortunately, my time spent in the cesspit of corporate America has served me well. I can now accept the harshest criticism without bleeding. And my parents love me-that's an added bonus.

No comments: