Monday, September 10, 2007

Zooming in on my way out

Back from Austin today-off to sunny Tijuana tomorrow.

Some of my carefully planned foodage was fed to a pride of wild kittens that lived near the condo where we stayed. Said feral cats feasted on gourmet chicken and salmon, but this morning there were 8 of them and the cat food I bought on Saturday was long gone. The deer were miffed that the kittens were fed first, but it turned out well and the biggest buck ate from my hand again.

Lots to digest (mentally) from this trip, but right now I have to wash some under garments and try and pick the last few prickly pear spines from my fingers and palms. I arrived back at my house at 8 pm and promptly began feeding lizards, snake cage cleaning and listening to the cat yowl about how she was neglected and mistreated while I was away. I gave her a nice yummy bit of tripe and whipped out a new cat bed I had saved for such a moment-bribery works well with old cats as well as small children.

I'm going for my first "fill" and my first weigh in since I had surgery. Last week I was nervous about it all, today I am just too tired. 1200 miles in 4 days will do that to a person.

Remember that I was concerned about telling people about my surgery? Turns out I needn't have worried-Mom and Dad have told ALL the neighbors (current) and today at lunch they told their former neighbors in Waco. News of my lap band surgery, done in MEXICO no less, has spread now to both coasts and the heartland.

And quite frankly, I don't care. All the memories of diet success and failures are just that. Today is today, and the past is just well, gone. And sticks and stones may break my bones and all that. Trauma and drama-be gone.

No comments: