Monday, September 24, 2007

Who am I today?

In a nutshell, I couldn't use my wireless router that is connected to my DSL because it didn't recognize me. I've been connecting with the internet using a Merlin Card from Sprint, and I procrastinated so long that the ATT address was deactivated, permanently and irrevocably. So, I had to assume a new ID so my wireless router would recognize my computer and me.

Of course, Yahoo is having trouble recognizing the new me-but I usually sign in to Yahoo anyway, so truly, I don't care. I just need add the new id to the current list of possible me's.

So, Merlin is over in the corner cooling off a bit and I am using my dusty old wireless router for which I've been paying for several months unused now. I don't really think Merlin is a viable full time access method-it gets pretty hot.

Later on I am going to introduce the Printer to the Router and see if they recognize each other. Then I'm going to introduce Laptop 2 to the router-wouldn't that be great if they could talk? Then the two laptops and the router could have a little menage a trois, but the printer would probably want to take pictures and distribute them via the fax.

I was going to figure out why I keep getting billed for a phone number I haven't had in months-but that e-mail has disappeared from all known in boxes, so I guess that will have to wait for another day.

No comments: