Monday, September 17, 2007

New Truck

Daddy got a shiny new Ford Ranger and Mom was annoyed (surprise). I am preoccupied with an upset tummy, a sick cat and dog with an impacted anal gland, a looming earwax appointment with Uncle John and an existential crisis. So I was less than tactful. She said something and I said "at his age you ought to be glad he feels like going out and looking at trucks".

My friend Sue's daughter, Maya will say I HATE you /I LOVE you.....and I know just how she feels. Cause a few hours later Ma called to tell me Dr. Oz was on Oprah and she knows I don't watch daytime TV but maybe I would want to know????? Well, of course I would.

So I will record "The Truth About Food" tonight since "their satellite doesn't get Discovery.

The thing that scares me is that I have no idea what Mom wants or needs that she isn't getting, and apparently neither does she. And, while I'm not as cranky I do see some of that same frustration in ME. And it scares me.

Now, this is not neccessarily an age thing-Mom has always been high strung and cranky but the older you (and she and I) get, the less we are able to deal with the things that are ailing us emotionally. So, I'd like to get good and emotionally healthy while I still can. It shouldn't take more than one or two hundred years at the most.

No comments: