Saturday, March 1, 2008

Some have it rougher than others

This little girl was born from a dead dog-her mother went into labor and died. http://poidogz.blogspot.com
has the complete story, or rather the story up to now. I just thought it fit well with my whole rising from the ashes riff, so I included it here too.

Before I got sick, I wrote a Monday challenge regarding nature, and now that I'm all better, I'm spending more time outside, playing in the dirt. I want to be in touch more with nature, and less in touch with material things, shoulds and should nots.

Some people rise from the ashes on the backs of Phoenixes, maybe I'll climb to the stars on a beanstalk. This is not very likely because I don't have any plans to plant beans. I'm more of an eggplant, cucumber, squash kind of girl.

Repurposing the snake racks into raised beds is a good idea, really. BUT, moving that much dirt into the backyard is going to take time and some wise pacing.

I'm taking the next two weeks to work on my house, my body and my soul. I think I actually had that slated last year between what was then now and when I got back from Florida, but evidently my body and soul needed more work, and my house surely did. Only this time, I really do believe that stuff like that matters. It has value, regardless of whether or not a check comes in the mail.

And it is so why? Because I said so.

7 comments:

RED MOJO said...

What an adorable little puppy! Oh my goodness. How cute. Well, if that doesn't feed your soul, you're dead.

RED MOJO said...

What an adorable little puppy! Oh my goodness. How cute. Well, if that doesn't feed your soul, you're dead.

Debra Kay said...

Thank you. I have a yard full of soul feeders, but there is always room for one more. They are all out worshipping the sun and harrassing squirrels.

Anonymous said...

There she is again ... STUNNING :)

soulbrush said...

this is a sure sign that 'spring is in the air' for you and yours. and i can't think of a more perfect way to get well and rise again than getting down and dirty! you enjoy it and let the good times roll.

Mim said...

That is one cute face my friend, and I'm sure all your pups will happily help you dig in the garden - and both the digging (yours) and the dogs is very therapeutic to body and soul.

Michele said...

It's been so long since I've had time to read my fav blogs and man, I've got a bunch to catch up on with yours. I'm in the same mode you are about working on my body and my soul ... not my house because I really don't care that much about my house. But I do want to try to find a more positive attitude among all the yuckiness I've been going through.