Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Duckin In on My Way Out

Yesterday I drove my Mother to Waco (about 5 hours) so that she could have lunch with an ex neighbor of hers. This was my idea. Coming back, we stopped in Gainesville and stayed the night at a hotel with a heated pool, where we did water aerobics and sat in the hot tub.

I've taken many long trips for silly reasons, and picked many hotels for the pool or the view or whatever, but I've never done that with my Mother before. And you know what, I'm glad I did.

Now I've picked up the dogs and I'm off to water aerobics, but I wanted to wave hi hi hi to everyone.

6 comments:

kj said...

you are a good daughter, debra kay...

Mim said...

Hi back at ya. I'm off to Sarasota tomorrow for a weekend of warmer-than-here ; hopefully HOT.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Hi! You have so much energy!

Teri said...

What a marvelous way to celebrate Mom time. I wish I still had the chance to do it.

Michele said...

Sounds like a great trip.

soulbrush said...

a road trip with your mom, what a good way to have to talk without one of you leaving the scene. sounds like she had fun too. you are very special to keep working at this relationship like you do.