Wednesday, March 5, 2008

This and That

Today is Mom's shopping day so I went down and made lunch for Daddy-Cuban Bean Bisque. I don't know if he liked it or not, but it was nice to spend time with him. Mom and I will go to Water Aerobics tonight-tomorrow is an Uncle John Day. I'm being a bit more organized in how I spend my time and it's helping.

I'm going this afternoon for a trim/frost job on my hair-keeping it uber short means it always looks ok whether I do anything to it or not. Can't say it affects MY mood, but it keeps Mom mollified.

My neighbor, the ones with trailer who sweep the entire street on garbage day, admired my bike rack and went and got one for himself. THEN he got a part to attach it to the back of his trailer when he pulls the trailer. I was so tickled-he gave me the order form for it-40 bucks and I can use the rack I already own and know how to use. It's the little things that keep me happy. But more than that, it made me feel like a trailer/biker person.

Yes, that is looking for external things to feed my ego-but I do want some things in common with our fellow earthlings. The cool thing is that the bikes/trailer are authentically me-things I have/do just because I like them.

The same holds true with my dogs. There is a covet factor in there, to be sure, with some of the dogs. I've wanted the merle and the brindle chi's for years, but honestly, I don't love or value them any more than the mongrels that share my house. In my mind, they are all destined for great and wonderful things-be it as teachers, visitors of the elderly, or companions on the road.

It's funny how we humans invoke such powers and dreams into everything we touch. But dang it, LOOK at Oliver, there IS greatness and good in that scruffy face.

4 comments:

studio lolo said...

I always like it when you write about your dogs because I'm right there with you in agreement. Ain't they grand?!

Debra Kay said...

Poidogz is all dog every day-but they make guest appearances over here too.

soulbrush said...

oliver not only lights up your life, he lights up mine too, give us more pics of him/the gang please.
i was watching 'crufts' show tonight on telly thinking that the more groomed and perfect those dogs look, the more unhappier they seem (to me) give me an ollie rather, any day!

Debra Kay said...

The dogs at crufts are more natural than the dogs here in the states. American dog shows take grooming to the extreme. It's just like magazines-no one looks like the cover of a magazine, no one looks like the dogs at Westminster-so what is the point?