Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Storms

I'm watching the news about the storms east of here-and sorry to hear about the deaths. What's really kind of odd, is that I went into my cellar for the first time since I've been in this house just the other day.

I was out working in the yard, decided to go into the cellar and pump it out. I imagined the cellar to be a small underground closet; actually, it's an underground room. What I thought was the cellar was the entryway-the main room is off to the side. There are already plant drying racks on the walls and it is wired for electricity. At one time it had running water.

I love it! I'm going to put some chairs down there and will probably use it to "escape" when I need to. It's a quiet, dark little space where a person can think-or escape from severe storms.

3 comments:

Michele said...

I didn't know you had a cellar. I'm totally jealous of you. What a fun hide-away and you can do so much with it. How great for you.

soulbrush said...

please can i come and sit in it sometime too.

Debra Kay said...

You are both more than welcome to come sit in my cellar! It's too damp for a studio, but I will be storing some wine down there (for medicinal purposes)