Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday Challenge 2

Happy Monday. I actually did try to look at some long held beliefs last week and get a new slant on them. I have the flu, so flopping on the couch and thinking worked pretty good for me. One of the things I thought about is how we are so quick to put people-our parents, our bosses, our doctors, up on pedastals. We want SOMEONE to know the answer, because we sure don't!

But in truth, do they know the answer either? "The answer" is probably a pretty individualized thing.

Another thing I caught myself doing was making declarative statements about a situation, just to resolve the situation. "I'm not going to XXX, that's it." but the truth of THAT situation is I'm not sure what I want to do yet. Do we create solid realities for ourselves just to avoid thinking about them? I know I do.

This week's challenge is easy. Spend a few minutes each day connecting with nature. Study a blade of grass, pick up a handful of soil, plant something. Let's all spend a few minutes each day, even two or three, calling spring to us!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Well, it certainly feels like Spring here today. 50ish degrees and sunny. I'm working at home today so Zoe and I managed to get out for a 30 minute walk. I should have read your blog before our walk because I don't think I spent a minute of it enjoying nature. I was just thinking how much work I had to get done today and how quickly I needed to get back home to finish it. I'll try to do better with nature tomorrow.

soulbrush said...

the worst thing that ever happened to me was realising at the age of 34 that they were all dead and gone and that I was now the OLDER generation, so i no longer look to anyone to sort things, i just do it....spriiiinnng, get over here to london too....