Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fat Tuesday!

I didn't actually realize that that is what today was, but when Oliver and I showed up at the nursing home this afternoon, it became apparent to me that it was, indeed, Fat Tuesday.

Oliver was the life of the party, proving to me that he is a born dog therapist. It was also interesting to watch people interact with him-in New Earth, the author talks about how puppies, babies, etc. are unblemished and in touch with their true natures. I've taken the older dogs, but never a puppy.

Now, I'm not saying puppies are superior to old dogs for therapy. Dottie is quite serene and she passes that on to her people she visits. But for Mardi Gras parties, scruffy pups are the bomb.

4 comments:

Michele said...

LOL. They had King cake in the cafeteria yesterday and I thought it was strange because bakery day isn't until Thursday. Now it makes more sense : )

studio lolo said...

perhaps Oliver is a natural at the therapy thing because he's done it before (in a past life?) Or he's just very, very evolved for his age...old sage and all. I can picture him with Mardi Gras beads :)

soulbrush said...

i don't understand one word of this post, is there something wrong with me? i will read it again tomorrow and try again....

soulbrush said...

i don't understand one word of this post, is there something wrong with me? i will read it again tomorrow and try again....