Thursday, February 7, 2008

I think I'm going to plant a row of onions

I figured out that I need to stagger my onion planting or I'll have a lot of onions all at once. So, I'm going to plant a row today. Yesterday I put some bulbs in my planter out in front of the house-spraxis or axis or something I've never heard of, I just liked the way they looked.

I'm still not any closer to a clear vision of where I'm headed, but planting things in the dirt seems to relax me and give me faith in the future.

7 comments:

Michele said...

I think planting stuff is sooooo theraputic (spelling?) I used to love my little fenced in area at the condo I owned in Richardson. Working in that small space was one of my most relaxing times ... and then the squirrels dug everything up : )

soulbrush said...

i'm no gardener, but when i do go out there and do the odd few things, it is a good feeling. perhaps you've got a green thumb girl!

Debra Kay said...

Yep, I planted and hoed a bit, I'm a wild woman!

Mim said...

Love working the dirt, but can't believe that you are planting onions! We still have a foot of snow in the yard. and it's cold. We won't be onion planting until end of April, middle of May if things go right.!

Debra Kay said...

I think it might be a little cold here still but other bulbs are coming up, so I stuck a few on the sunny side of the house.

soulbrush said...

re-read this today and i like the image of you planting those onions, i really like it.

Debra Kay said...

In your vision was I wearing lime green track pants, japanese shoes and a red tank top with an olive green t-shirt over it?