Tuesday, February 19, 2008

In Limbo

I'm in the limbo stage between utterly sick and not quite well. It is probably my least favorite stage because there is no clear course of action. Well, that is not quite true. Puking guts out is hands down my least favorite stage. How quickly we forget.

My stomach is fickle at the moment. "Feed me, you haven't eaten for days"....uh oh..."Be careful, dammit, I'm weak, I could puke again....." It carries on, growling and grumbling, a naughty inner child.

Yesterday was a positive intake day though-I took in more than I threw back out. I slipped in some probiotics in the mix, little germs friendly to my aim to overthrow the invading buggies. Yesterday I was too sick to care, today I am aware of my own human frailty. Apparently I am not yet ready to step out from the confines of my own bodily functions.

4 comments:

Mim said...

You poor baby! being sick gives us all an idea of how good we feel when well.

Debra Kay said...

True, true. I'm ready for some of that.

soulbrush said...

ohmigod, how i sympathise with you, i truly hate being sick, half sick or even a bit sick.hope someone there has been giving you some tlc (tender loving care).no make that lots of tlc...

Debra Kay said...

Last night I was praying for limbo again...we're just never happy are we?

I will break down and call the doctor if I have one more rough night.