Sunday, February 10, 2008

Arise Asparagus!

Mom made some outstanding steamed asparagus today. It was like eating a fresh bit of spring. It cheered us all up-food can do that sometimes.

I'm reading and thinking on "A New Earth", and working hard on a lot of random shit that is going on in my head. Progress is slow. For now, that seems to be the key. I always try to find the "answer" that is going to change everything-the big bang theory of my life. The reality appears to be closer to this: the "answer" doesn't exist, but is instead a series of small truths that add up to a better life.

Since giving up on sitting around waiting for the big bang and beginning to take small stabs at little truths, I'm less stuck than I've been in a long time. Now I must resist the impatient side of me that says "hurry up and get to the answer....." and instead look around at what is happening now.

Big bangs make great movies and theories and sex, but don't really apply well to day to day life.

2 comments:

Michele said...

I have a confession to make. I decided to nix the New Earth idea. When I realized it was by the same author as The Power of Now, I knew it was an impossible task for me. I could not make myself finish The Power of Now. It was so difficult for me to understand and I finally gave up and sold in on amazon. I'll have to find a new way to "awaken" myself.

Debra Kay said...

LOL-it is a tough read, not a sit down and read from cover to cover at all. If I didn't have the online class thing going on, I'd probably ditch it too-but I really want to give distance learning a spin for free before I shell out dollars-and this is a good chance.