Sunday, December 9, 2007

Thundersnow

May or December-cold air smacking up against warm gulf air produces-thunder. Lots of loud, crackling thunder. Temps aloft below 32 produce ice or snow. Mix the two, and you have the Okie phenom-Thundersnow! Or to be entirely accurate, Thunderslush.

I've heard the odd clap of thunder durng a Texas snowstorm-but it's like a bit of gas escaping-just every so often. We've had consistent Thundersnow (or slush) since early this morning.

Why this amuses me so I have no idea....but remember the theme from Underdog? Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh (switch to baritone voice) UNDERDOG? WEll, for some reason I've been humming that and substituting "THUNDERSNOW" for quite some time now. Not constantly, just every time the mood strikes which is frequently right after a thunder clap....or THUNDERCLAP.

It is my sign from above, stay in, stay warm.


Oh, you know what else work with that song....duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh HIBERNATE!!!!

4 comments:

Mim said...

I LOVED Underdog. What a great concept - a superhero dog. What could be better?

Stay warm!

Michele said...

I so love thunderstorms. I hear rumors that a few folks got a nice storm here this morning but we just got light rain and cold. It was still nice though ... it really felt like winter today.

soulbrush said...

you're a nutter debs!

Anonymous said...

I love thunderstorms too...and underdog and snowy thunder