Sunday, December 2, 2007

Mish mash

Yesterday I slept like there was no tomorrow. Maybe I should NOT take Prozac in the evening. Maybe Forever Young is a pyshic medical genius. Last night I slept as well (no P for me...).

Today I had lunch with Mom and Dad-or rather I ate half a porkchop because Mom sprayed butter spray on everything else. The porkchop was what I wanted most anyway. Then Mom and I drove up to see John, who was asleep for the first time since being moved to the Autumn Lifestyles place. So, we let him be.

I tried to interest Mom in sightseeing, a trip to the farmer's market, but just gave up and let HER be. Dropped her off, visited a bit longer and came home. I'll call in a few minutes to see if John is awake for evening hours, and if he is, well, I'll drive up there. If not, I'll let him sleep.

Somewhere early on I decided just to go with the flow. Today I may feel great, but apparently no one else does-and that is OK too. I mean, I feel sorry that they don't, but I don't need anyone to amuse me-I can do that myself. Schedules do not seem to apply today either, nor do plans.

But who can stop us from celebrating? (Thank you Lao Tse)

5 comments:

Michele said...

I know exactly what you mean though and it's hard when you feel like doing something fun and no one else agrees. I have that at work a lot as it relates to lunch. I'll be in the mood to go out and no one else will. And sometimes it's just more fun to do things with other people.

soulbrush said...

been called lotsa things, but a psychic medical genius, wow, now that's a title i can live with....what did i say?
you can do no more than TRY with family, then walk away saying 'i did my best'.

Debra Kay said...

Taking the prozac at night wasn't a good thing-it ramped my head up and I wasn't dreaming. We need to dream, don't we?

soulbrush said...

i take mine in the am but still dream lots, specialy when i'm stressed then i dream of the dead people in my family...

Debra Kay said...

Dreaming of ancestors isn't always a bad thing is it?