Monday, December 24, 2007

Star Gazer




This is the virtual pony I got for Christmas. I was going to say something to my parents about it, but the realized that that could be taken as criticism of my upbringing. I think the holidays are hard for many of us because we just don't know what to say to keep the peace.

We spent part of today together, my parents and I, and will spend some time together tomorrow as well. In light of the past week's enforced togetherness, I decided and announced we wouldn't be doing any all day "things". We'll eat lunch and go visit Uncle John.

It's a little strange, because in the past Christmas was a three day "event" because I was coming in or they were coming in from out of town. While it doesn't feel quite normal this year, it doesn't feel bad at all. We still get to enjoy each other, but without the pressure of being jolly for 24 hours or making conversation for that long. In fact, I'm actually looking forward to it for a chance.

I really do better with the day to day hanging out stuff than events-even regularly scheduled yearly events.

Sometimes, less really is more.

No comments: