Thursday, December 27, 2007

The open road...

Or at least the road to Muskogee, beckons. I am taking my Mom and my Aunt to see their cousin or niece or aunt who is the same age or a little older than they are. I don't quite get it, but my Grandfather had grown kids when he married my Grandma Effie and had a new batch of kids, so some odd combos have resulted. (uh, including me I guess)

Aunt Rita (as I know this woman) is outspoken, a very talented artist, and dabbles in animal husbandry, including exoitc chickens and parrots. Needless to say I've always liked her. When she lived in OKC, her neighbors had horses, so I spent most of the visits to her in the backyard petting the horses and Rita's Pomeranian. For all I really know, she could be a talented ax murderer, but I liked her dogs, therefore I liked her.

4 comments:

Mim said...

love the image of the pink socks and blue sandles in your last post, too cute. Your aunt Rita sounds fun, I had an Aunt Mary who no one could stand except for me, she was a true dog lover and we bonded over that. Excentric old coot she was - and I was very fond of her.
Plus - you're doing a good deed to drive your mom and aunt out to visit. In the Jewish religion doing a good deed is called a "mitzvah" - (you can google it) and you can add them up like mardi gras beads and get something good in the end. Not really, but that's the way I like to think of it,
Have fun,

Debra Kay said...

We got iced out-Mim, God is telling me I should be in Florida!!!!

Mim said...

Come on Down!

Debra Kay said...

I will seriously be looking at some little plot of land or something when I'm in Sarasota. Deb's theory of Land is that you don't have to do much to maintain it, and it will be there when you decide you want it.