1. I thought this strange accident looked a little like a Monet. (Photo not edited).
2,Attention is so easy to grab when cheese doodles are involved.
3. My new pergola. With this, plus last year's carport, I have succeeded in covering most of the front yard. I like being outside, but I like being in the shade and out of the wind. My nosey neighbor is stalking my pergola-already hinting she'd like to have her daughter's graduation and her niece's wedding on it. I finally just said "look, I can't even get my shit together to have my own family over-so I won't be taking reservations for anyone else for awhile."
4.Pasht claims the rock garden, between the pergola and the house, as her own. I wish she'd assist in the grass and weed removal, an ongoing project.
5. Miscellaneous doo dads in the rock garden.
6.The dead grass of die die dumbass monkey grass fame.
7. Molly's rather bulbous nose.
8. Moon's fierce slashing teeth. (Have to use your imagination a bit on this one).
9. Grandma rock looks happy to be in the garden. She and Granpa Rock wintered on the carport roof holding down a loose tin.
10. Grandpa and Grandma went from the roof to the garden-they haven't made it back to the rock garden yet. My nosey neighbor asked me "what those masks meant", and I said "they are rocks, not masks, and they mean I like them." I'm usually not that abrupt, but I was planting in the sun, had already answered 8 questions about what I was planting, said no to using my pergola for a public venue and said if I had any veggies left over, I'd give her some, after an in depth report on what I did with each veggie and herb. She doesn't clue into the Okie shorthand-if the person doesn't stop working, that means they don't want to visit right now.
11. The garden looks bare, but this year I'm trying something new-allowing spaces for the plants to grow. Maybe it will improve my yield. The side garden is almost planted as well, and I planted mint in pots, three kinds-Lime, Peppermint and Chocolate Mint. Mint tends to run amuck if you don't contain it in something. I also planted two patio tomatoes-I just couldn't NOT plant a tomato.
12. Moon tries the fierce teeth thing again, with little more success than last time.
13. One more try, nope, his eyes were shut and he was smiling. No fierceness today.