Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Gracious

The past 24 hours have been non stop. Nothing great-just packed full of activity and very little sleep. Everyone has water and food and I am leaving to go to Jay and Sue's, sit and stare at the ocean and wonder what it all means.

In the past 4 hours I have received 4 business related e-mails that require decisions, a phone call from a friend who may go to TJ with me in September and discovered two bills that needed to get paid before I left. But I did get the cat litter out and everyone has food and water. I have pills and clean underwear AND both halves of my swimsuit. Hell, I think I even tossed a comb into the suitcase.

Why do we think we have to take our entire household with us when we go somewhere? I mean REALLY, I went to TJ with an extra pair of shorts, a t-shirt to sleep in and a toothbrush.

I do usually over pack for things like vacation cause I'm not really sure what I'm going to wear....which is really funny when you factor in the fact that it's a matter of which tank top and which T-shirt I want to put on. I am not even going to take a bra since I will burn myself by tomorrow afternoon and won't be able to wear one anyway, hence the extra tank tops.

When I finish losing weight I'm just going to have the girls stapled into position and I'm never going to wear a bra again. They'll need the support-they won't have my belly to lean on.

Let's see, cat litter food, water....driver's license, credit card(s)...See ya later.

1 comment:

Karma said...

Enjoy the trip. I normally overpack to. I take huge huge huge suitcases filled with extra clothes and vacations that are less than a week. I mean think about it. Will I really use that much clothing when I get there? you are not alone. Hope everything goes well.