Thursday, August 30, 2007

You can blow your nose with a nose stud

I have wondered about that-probably more since I got my nose pierced last week than before, but friends and neighbors, you CAN blow your nose with a nose stud. I haven't used the netti pot or blown my nose since the piercing, but it needed to be done, so I girded up my loins and gave it a gingerly blow.

I think I half way expected the stud to come flying out-a tiny little faux diamond spear shooting out into the bathroom ether-but nothing happened other than the standard fare. So, I blew my nose again, and again, only the usual expected result.

And, it didn't hurt. Actually, it hasn't hurt (the piercing) since a few days afterward-a very easy job. The one in my upper ear is still a little tender, but I think this one may actually heal. This was my last ditch effort to have a ring in my upper ear-tried it on a the right ear this time and it seems to be doing the trick.

What was the magic? I left it alone. Shot some saline on it, but didn't roll the hoop through it all the time-that just irritates it and spreads germs. Seems the thought processes have evolved in cartilage piercing.

No real point to this ramble other than to impart vital and perhaps little known knowledge. Myth busted.

No comments: