1. Oliver the parrot stepped up twice today!!!!! Stepping up is a big deal-it's the first step to moving around to other perches-we were both so excited! I've learned a lot working with him, he's teaching me as I teach him-we are both learning to trust each other. Liking each other was immediate-he came up to me at the store and we liked each other on the spot-trusting has taken a bit longer, and work on both our parts.
2. After spending years driving up and down I:35 between OKC and Dallas with one eye out for box turtles, a lovely little girl came waltzing into my front yard yesterday. She knows people and food, and I hope she wasn't a classroom pet set free.
3. I found a chaise lounge at Walmart for 39 bucks. I wanted it for the backyard, which is dog territory, so I didn't want to spend a lot. When I told mom (shopping news she wants to hear) and she began to grouse (she has to grouse....you have benches already...why....)I gently cut her off and said "well, I didn't have a chaise lounge and I wanted one."
4. I knew better than to tell her about the pillow and beach towel I got as well.
5. I finally got cable installed-long story, not really interesting-just something I had to work through. So, I'll get to see the Meerkat Manor Movie and I'm ready for shark week. (There was no doubt in my mind I would be).
6. I may have the front of the garage made into an office-sort of the old garage beauty shop concept without the sink. Or I may install the heater on the sunporch. Heating the room in the winter could be costly, but so is adding on another room, which I will have to heat as well. Neither room would boast a spectacular view, but the sunporch overlooks the backyard and I can watch the dogs sit on my chaise lounge LOL.
7. Even though I don't "work" I declared a holiday weekend, and my head and heart are really really enjoying it. I think I needed it and I needed to learn to "get away" while staying home. I just can't run off to Mexico any more like I used to-a thousand years (three or four) ago.
8. I am taking Mom and Dad to Louisiana next week-the horse races. We'll do things "we always do....." (arrrrrrgh).
9. In July I'm going to Sarasota to see Sue, Jay, Maya, Hannah and all the kiddos (including a new parrot...wooooo hoooo!!!!) Sue and I are going to get some tattoo work done-it's always fun with a friend.
10. I'm slowly getting that it all doesn't work out forever after in a day. It sort of just unfolds.