Sunday, October 28, 2007

Talking with the Voices in my Head

Me: No one out there really gives a shit, do they?

Voices: Wow, you are just starting to figure that out-brilliant arent we?

Me: I'm mean, look at my house, a complete pit, look at me, a complete mess, and the world just keeps on turning.

Voices: Yeah, so?

Me: I might as well do what I want to, it isn't going to matter in the end to anyone but me.

Voices: What about us? What are we, chopped liver?

Me: You can stay, but you have to behave. And you have to be on MY side from now on.

Voices: What what what?

Me: Yes, you have to encourage me, not bring me down. It's called "Positive Self Talk".

Voices: Oh great, you've been taking your Prozac again haven't you.....

4 comments:

Steve said...

Hahaha.

Exactly the scenario.

But the doggies must help, no? If I had a doggie I think I'd be less down.

Debra Kay said...

The dogs are the only thing that keeps me going. How can we work it so you can get a dog? A dog is the best medicine ever!

soulbrush said...

my doggie's my life, and my prozac too! ha ha.

Debra Kay said...

I couldn't get by without either of them.