Sunday, October 7, 2007

Pansies

Pansy crops aren't not that great this year. I went to Ace and bought some dirt and some pitiful pansies to put in my new oak barrel planter. On the way to visit Uncle John, I saw a garden center with stunning pansies...so I stopped on my way home.

I decided to get a few really nice ones, and a few more. So, I had a plethora of pansies as I headed home. And the inner struggle began.

If I offer some to Mom, she'll ask how much they were. If I don't offer some, she'll notice I have nicer pansies and feel bad about her own. Maybe I should just mind my own business and not worry about it all. But Mom's pansies are my business, just like mine are her business.

So I pulled up in front of the house just as she was walking out. And the answer came to me. "Come on down and pick out some good pansies! We'll spread them in with the not so good ones". Now I knew she'd want the ruby red ones, so I said "Just leave one red one for me".

And thus, we both have beautiful pansies. And I learned that MY busines is HER business and vice versa, because we love each other.

And believe it or not, I haven't spent the past 20 years living in a cave-but sometimes it seems that way.

1 comment:

kj said...

nice story, nice writing, nice solution!