We all have odd habits and factoids about ourselves. At least I HOPE we all have odd habits or I'm going to feel really really odd when this is posted.
1. In the summer I don't like to wear socks with my sneakers (chiggers---nasty bugs) so I pretty much keep an assortment of sneaks around and wash them like I do my jeans. I always have shoes drying on my fence which gives rise to rumors of having a shoe fetish.
2. I've ditched the coffee maker and brew one cup at time, so that each cup is fresh. I don't think this is odd, I think it's pretty smart, but it is wasteful in terms of filters-so I compost the grounds and filters. Sorry mother earth, I really NEED fresh coffee in a non bleached paper filter.
3. This isn't necessarily an odd habit-but it varies from individual-the staples once must have in the kitchen/home. I require (to feel "just so") vast supplies of toilet paper, a jar of peanut butter, tins of tuna (works for people, cat and dog food), garlic powder, several kinds of chili powder and sweet california basil, tins of crushed tomatoes, fresh carrots, onion and a few potatoes. I don't remember the last time I ran out of toilet paper, but I must have at one time, and keeping a supply on hand, near at hand, is priority one.
4. I truly enjoy anchovies on pizza and in other things. My favorite pizza for a long time was anchovy, onion, fresh tomato, jalapeno and garlic. No one would ever share. And yep, I like it cold too. Shocking, I know.
5. I like really burnt toast and french fries.
6. I am not afraid of spiders and they seem to search me out. If we are in the woods, the spider will always come sit on my arm in a crowd of people.
7. My snakes (keeping snakes is considered odd by everyone by other snake keepers) all have names. They don't know their names, but I do.
8. I tried naming the parakeets, but they seem to be a group thing instead of individual entities-so I think of them as "the boys". I am pretty sure they don't give a damn either way.
9. No.s 7 and 8 are an example of how my mind is not orderly-I don't look at things the same way twice, which annoys some people and sometimes makes me tired.
10. I still haven't unpacked from when I moved to Oklahoma two years ago. A lot of the things I thought I needed, I found out I don't, and other things I forgot I had so I just bought new ones. To borrow a line from KJ-the "cat hair" is about making my house my house, that reflects my priorities, however by NOT doing anything, I've reflected another set of priorities. Like number 9-this annoys people, and me and sometimes makes me tired....LOL.
11. I've had more cars than I can count-I stopped counting at 40 and have now lost count. I think it beats saying the same thing about lovers.
12. I currently live 5 blocks from where I grew up-and this was a deliberate return. THAT still boggles even my mind.
13. I rarely go barefoot. (Long story, multiple glass accidents, no pad left in one foot.....)
What is something odd about YOU? Come on, share share share!