Friday, April 18, 2008

Ah, I can see for miles.......

My new mountain bike is here. Well, it's always been at the bike shop, but I waiting for my seat (gotta have a Terry Dragonfly) and to cut down the handlebars. Tomorrow I'm taking it to my cousin's farm to ride, but today....I just couldn't wait.

I rode over to the grade school I attended from grades K-6. What a perfect testing ground. There was a field to ride over, yep, downhill is easier than riding UP a grassy incline, so I practiced both for awhile. There were some tree roots to jump and some ramps.

I was laughing and giggling like a gradeschooler. It was bizarre and wonderful to ride along sidewalks and remember them as a child and think about where I am now. Really, it was fun and freaky stuff.

I'm going to be very careful about not cutting trails or riding when it's wet, and maybe I'll get to keep this little treasure for myself, as long as the pesky kids don't catch on and mess everything up......(They are probably saying "What is that old lady doing in OUR schoolyard jumping roots?")

4 comments:

human being said...

oh Debra what a beautiful post to start my morning with... bikes...

rode with you... enjoying every second of the ride...
i was back to my childhood and early teen years when me and my bike were inseparable...
unfortunately for some years it was forbidden for girls to ride bikes in our country!!!! and now that they can, i'm not a young girl anymore and it is not customary for women to ride bikes on streets...just in special parks... that's why i usually walk...
:D
give your bike a tap on the handlebar for me... that was what i did with my bike whenever i wanted to get on it...
love love love...
lovely post

Debra Kay said...

I tapped her for you today when I rode her at my cousins and carried you along in my heart.

Anonymous said...

That was so much fun!

human being said...

Oh thanks Debra dear friend...
in you heart? wow! how blessed i am...
wish you lots of rides with your bike full of joy and happiness.
Hugs.