Sunday, November 4, 2007

Does anybody REALLY know what time it is?

The trailer people messed with the clock on my car radio and I haven't fixed it because I don't have a watch. My wall clock says 10:20 and my computer clock says 9:19-I'm thinking fall back, the computer clock is probably the one that agrees with the rest of the world.

Time really annoys me-deadlines, lunchtime, etc. I'd rather stay up till the wee hours and sleep till mid morning. That's how MY clock works, but I can't seem to get anyone else on the program. The dogs were up at 5:00 (well, by the wall clock, so it was probably 4:00) but as a pay off for their potty break I got to sleep till 10:00 (guess it was really 9:00).

The fallback thing gives you an extra hour (or the illusion thereof) so this is a mild rant. In spring, when I lose it, I'll probably be pissier.

Ironically, before I ventured into the living room and the world of clocks, I had to think long and hard about what day of the week it was. I settled on Sunday. I never really care what day of the month it is, so I don't even try.

The advent of Outlook helped me greatly in my professional career. When I was an accountant, and then a SOX compliance manager, what day it was really did sort of matter. But, it only mattered that the day was marked properly-most of my professional career has been spent digging through the past a resurrecting it for auditors.

That may be a clue as to why NOW means so very little to me. NOW is only something to be dissected at a later date.

No comments: