Friday, February 5, 2010

Update

Toilet spontaneously unclogged.  This is good cause Daddy forgot to tell Mom to get me some liquid plumber and that sparked an existential pity party on my part.  Now, I'm telling this just as it happened.  I was hovering over my makeshift dunny-peeing and grimacing cause squatting hurts and generally feeling "woe is me' and WOOOOSH-the toilet unclogged!  I cheered and the bird cheered because that's what he does.

I thought about what this might MEAN-yes it makes me snicker to even type it.  But I did.  And I think the lesson is that sometimes we focus on "help will come from X" and we forget about all the other letters out there-and even the random events.  Maybe "help" would come sooner if we just opened ourselves to the possibility that help will come.

Now that's some deep shit.....HAHAHAHAHAH.  I know, but even KJ has to think that's funny!

6 comments:

kj said...

yes, you're right. :) the wisdom here is too good to ignore.

i often find things fix themselves if i wait long enough. honest to god.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I love it when things fix themselves. Like our cranky garage door opener. It works when it is convenient for it, not us.

soulbrush said...

i am not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Debra Kay said...

I think it is both laughable and cryable.

I really felt alone when I asked for one small bit of help (hear the poor me creep in) but you know, people are imperfect and sometimes they forget. And I have hid (as I usually do) how sick I've been and how much pain I'm having.

I've been banged up before-and having people talk about how much pain you are in often (for me) makes the pain worse.

Mom and Dad are still caught back two weeks ago in the whole hospital name fiasco and I don't have the patience or grace left in me to hear that lecture again. It always concludes with "that is not a real hospital and you probably have a broken back."

Good times.

I do not have a broken back, I am familiar (all too) with soft tissue injuries and they just have to work themselves loose.

BUT, I will be putting in place more plans, features for dog feeding, etc. when I'm up and around. The pack has had some troubles and politics of it's own while I've been down for the count, and we are working on that too.

Mim said...

well, at least you have a working toilet now. In our old house we had an old outhouse off the barn, and nice one seater - and it was a comfort to know it was there if the electric went and we had no water (wells in our town). And this was a real fancy outhouse, as you didn't have to go outside to use it, you could go thru the big house, the kitchen the back house and then the barn.
Glad you are feeling a bit better debs

Marion said...

Soft tissue injuries take a long time to heal. I can imagine how much the squatting hurt!

And this was indeed deep shit, hahaha! When my sense of humour returns after illness or injury, I know I must be on the mend, even when it doesn't really feel like it.