Wednesday, January 28, 2009

HAW Ya'll

The woman keeps mentioning that my beak is "overgrown" and I think it's just fine.  Birds in the wild don't get trimmed....hmph.  But she keeps saying something about a trim and a "check up".....I'm not sure I like the sound of that at all.

I gave her a fright on Sunday-ooooooh it was funny.  I hid, and while she pretended not to be excited, I know she was.  She looked in all my favorite places and kept listening for the pitty patter of my birdy toes.  She even checked the cat to see if she was unusually fat.  Hahhhhhhhhaaahahahahahahaaaa. 

 I was sitting right in plain sight next to the VCR, not saying a thing.  I know now to keep very still so she can't locate me.  Oh, it was so much fun.  She was so glad to see me she didn't even scold me for shredding the directions to her new video game.

I DO like old familiar places, but I like to take a look at the room from new vantage points as well.  It's a good habit, don't you think?

Instead of my toilet paper roll, I got my peanuts in something called a cracker box.  wwwwwwoooooo-that was so  much fun to shred.  I shredded some immediately and then went back and shredded a little more....then a little more.  A guy like me needs a challenge every now and then.

7 comments:

Mim said...

Gosh Oliver - don't scare your woman like that - she loves you and needs you! A little squawk to give her a hint as to where you are would be just as challenging. But at least you got some treats out of it.
Be good now Oli - and don't teach those new birds any bad tricks.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Now Oliver, you handsome rascal. Dont' be giving the woman such fits. If you visited here you could play hide and seek with Luna. She likes to do that too.

That is hook is pretty wicked looking. You look more like an eagle with such a hook. You could shred caibou with that hook.

HAW to you and your woman.

soulbrush said...

hiya gorgeous! it must be such fun living with your woman, aren't you both so lucky to have found each other.....ha ha you give her hell boyo! haw too.

Debra Kay said...

OOOOOOOOW Maybe you should start calling me CAPTAIN HOOK!!!!! Arrrgh Matey.

There is ice and snow all outside and that woman won't go to the store. We are out of craps. I keep staring at the white box shouting "crap crap crap" and the silly goose just says "there aren't any". What do I care? Go get me some craps!!!!!!! (grapes)

Oh, Mr. Bird Mr. Bird....that's me.....meeeeee! What's a bird gotta do to get a nice crap around here?

studio lolo said...

When your woman does manage to brave the cold and ice to get some craps for you, tell her to throw some in the freezer for herself as a fun snack! Although it would be better as a summer treat, not in the freakin' dead of winter!

I can hear your little pat pat pat of birdy feet. It makes me smile! And the way you just sat like a statue while she was frantic. Sorry...I had to laugh!!
You kill me Oliver :D

HAW!!!!

Teri said...

What a fun post! Oliver, you should be a writer!! Can you squeeze that in while you are playing hard to find?

HAW

Debra Kay said...

HAW HAW HAW-I could be a dictator-I don't type. I could if I wanted to, but the woman manages to catch my thoughts. For instance, right now I'm sitting on perch thinking that she needs to get up off her butt and bring me a piece of cheese from the white box. If I can't get craps I'll just have to make do with some cheese, and she better bust out with the goat cheese not the cheddar!