Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Add Food, Water, and stir

This whole non working thing means non schedule and I forget to eat. If you could only SEE the size of my ass this would be a big shocker.

Observations-there is a whole world out there that doesn't have anything to do with corporate America and probably doesn't give two shakes about it either. It's like a foreign country in your own backyard. I feel like I've jumped down the rabbit hole again and I haven't even arrived in Oklahoma City.

I'm scheduling trucks and rescheduling and resizing-there isn't an exact science to downsizing a house and moving 20 snakes, 4 dogs, 1 cat and 1 senior citizen. When I hit a wall I just ask whoever is handy "what would you do?" because I KNOW I tend to reinvent the wheel.

I fed the snakes today-I want the food far enough down so that they don't puke from the stress of the move, but not so far that they poop. Of course, the snakes range from tiny little 1 footers to 7 footers, but the meals are sized accordingly. However, the babies and the colubrids have faster metabolisms than the adults. Again, no exact science to this.

I've found good homes for most of the furniture I'm leaving and I've decided to pack the snakes according to size. I can't do individual crates, but I bet it would be stressful for a 1 foot hatchling to be nestled up against a 5 foot adult. The whole food chain thing kicks in.

No comments: