Monday, February 5, 2007

The Compact

Ok, I joined the DFW Compact group-was actually INVITED to join, probably because I post on Freecycle. I've been doing pretty good about casting off unwanted, unneeded things, but struggle with the buying new. So, maybe buying used items will force me to be more thoughtful about what I buy.

Thank GOD I just sent a big order in to Amazon.com before I was invited to join....Whew, and I just bought a new freezer for the frozen mice.....I did actually try to find a used freezer but finding one that small proved difficult, and the frozen mice were on the way......

As for the Urban Chicken project, does this mean I must recycle the coops? Building a chicken coop is going to be tough in a wheelchair but maybe I can barter some excess stuff for one.

No comments: