Monday, January 17, 2011

Day11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 of 21

Day 14 was vegetarian not vegan-I had some cheese.  There might have been something vegan on the menu, but it was late, I was tired, cold and hungry-so damn me, I ate cheese......and I LIKED IT.

But then I just went mad and had a frapucino with whipped cream-and I loved it.....dear cows forgive me-I loved the whipped cream.

Today I just went back to vegan I am going to finish this out, probably eat less dairy because I do feel better and then just take the rest of it as it comes.  I don't like labels of any sort and I really find the different types of vegetarians (oh I'm ovo-lacto, I am a ovo-pescetairain-no dairy for me) a little off putting.  I honestly don't give a shit what anyone else eats, unless I am preparing a menu-then I care for one meal-that meal.

That probably makes me the cranky gluten free vegetarian type if you want to put a label on it.

One thing I have to think about some more is my Splenda habit.  I ditched splenda and went to plain old sugar during this time-and well, I don't eat through a quarter cup of Sugar a day-I easly went through that much Splenda just in my coffee.  And, I drink less coffee too.

My thought is that the energy provided by the sugar some how satiates me-so I get by on less coffee.  Less coffee means less soy creamer-so the calories might just even out. Or not.  I don't know and I'm too lazy to think about it further right now.

1 comment:

Snowbrush said...

Well, you hit on a lot. I'll just mention that I started drinking my coffee black decades ago because putting stuff in it was just too much hassle, or else I didn't have access to the stuff I wanted to put into it. Now, I can honestly say that I like black better. Tastes do change. Same with whole grains. I ate white flour for my first two and half decades. Now, I wouldn't go back if only for taste alone because I have grown to like whole grains better.