Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Irony is not lost to me

Today would have been a good day for KMAT-starting last night when I got home from agility/hiking in the frozen tundra to find my heater croaked again.   I'm trying to reserve judgement before having them rip the damn thing out-after all-I have back up measures in place.  But they only work when I'm home.

But I don't feel like doing a whole generic post on life's annoyances or committing to a new annoyance next week.

I was going to be dramatic and say I wanted this blog to return to its roots but I'm not sure what they are.  It started when I bought a 1975 Serro Scotty travel trailer similar to the one I lived in when I first moved out.  I had PoiDogz up and running and I wanted a blog to just be me on-not topical.

For the past year or so I've been writing fairly regularly-though sometimes I post ahead-learning the skills and discipline it would take to maintain a commercial blog-and I've launched one, and a website.  I don't really want to talk about that here, except maybe to talk about how I feel while I'm working through it.

This is my place to come and cuss and try new things.  The commercial things are slick and safe and in 30 second sound bytes.  And I'm ok with that for the first time in a long time-because I'm good at it.  And since it's my own site I don't have to accept advertising from anyone I don't like.  But I do have to be more aware of what I say and how I say it-which is not always a bad thing.

I may be here more, I may be here less-just not sure how it's going to go.  But my friends, you will always be with me.

9 comments:

Michele said...

I love the 2010 visions. Very thoughtful and poetic.

Renee said...

I will be with you Debra and you can be with me.

Be good to yourself and that is a very good thing. Love yourself totally, I know I do.

xoxo

Mim said...

I also love the new look and 2010 visions.
Don't go far....

studio lolo said...

Yup, I'm lovin' the visions too.

I'm glad I can find you even if you don't feel like posting ;)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Very good Deb. I will be here when you need me. I look forward to your posts.

kj said...

a commercial blog?

a website?

i'm hungry to know more, not starving, but hungry. :)

your visions are awe-some.

i love you.


kj

soulbrush said...

please don't go to far debs, i rely on your posts, selfish but i do. and good luck.

MuseSwings said...

A croaked heater! Why don't they croak when it's warm outside? I guess the best thing to do is send warm wishes for a warmer New Year!

Michele said...

Our heater stopped working a few weeks ago. I had to buy a space heater at Target and close off one room that I lived in until the repair guy showed up. At least it had the decency to break before it got really cold here. Good luck and please don't stop posting. How else will I keep up with you?