Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

My post to DementiaRescue-a yahoo group:

We all had mothers (else we would not be here). Some of us now are "mothering" our mothers, and for some of us, our mothers are gone.

Mother's day is hard for me-my own mother is fading and I am estranged from my daughter (drugs).

But I choose to make a nice pot of coffee and a nice breakfast for myself and celebrate the creative and caring spirit that is motherhood.

Hallmark doesn't make a card for every situation-find the creativity and love in YOUR situation. And celebrate.
_____________________________________________________________________________


I've actually been making decisions at lightening speed (well for me anyway) and I've purposefully turned off the "reflective" part of me. So my writing has been a little patchy.

Right now the logistics of moving back to Oklahoma are taking over the "what does this mean" part of me. That's a strange part of me-it is the source of many creative solutions, and just as many hellish days and nights of contemplation. But it is part of me-and I'm packing it in the "to go" pile.

No comments: