Monday, June 21, 2010

More Joy Than One Bird Can Handle

I decided to steam clean my kitchen cabinets.  If you know me-this is highly out of character, except for the part that includes gadgets. My train of thought was something along the lines of maybe I'd enjoy the gadget part so much I'd overlook the fact that I was cleaning.

The dishwasher was already running-a favorite noise for Oliver.  Horsetraining show on TV-he loves western twangy voiced men or that Aussie guy.  And now the steam was hissing, making a sound not unlike the dream whip can.

"Huh?" he peaked around to make sure we weren't about to indulge in dream whip.

"Stay there Mister Bird-this is DANGEROUS STUFF" I cautioned.  He settled on the  room divider and watched while I steamed away.  That worked pretty good until the top blew off the steamer and the entire corner was fogged.  I dropped the steam gun, pulled the plug and headed for the next room shouting "run run, it's gonna BLOW!"

We still haven't finished the cabinets and OTP still hasn't finished chuckling.  He thinks steam cleaning the cabinets is, however, a fine pass time.

4 comments:

kj said...

what a sight! i wish you would draw this!!!!

love from me to you, deb
kj

studio lolo said...

jezzus deb, I thought for sure we were going to see a bald Ollie!!!

So glad it turned out okay. That'll teach ya to clean ;P

xoxo
Lo♥

Robin said...

OMG! Now that we know Ollie is NOT bald, we can sit back and laugh! It WOULD be wonderful to draw!!!!

Thank you for relaying this ....it made me smile!

Hugs,

♥ Robin ♥

Mim said...

I can picture you running and yelling with Ollie in the background - great image