Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 4 and 5 of 21 Feb

It's a lucky thing I selected something that could be worked on easily at home-we've been snowed in all week.  I'm focusing on making my positions smooth and holding them properly and I'm really getting in some good stretches.

Today we have sun and are supposed to be over 32 degrees-so maybe a little snow will melt.  We have more snow due for tomorrow.  I'm just taking one minute at a time and trying not to give in to the cranky mindset.

I would make a good hermit-I enjoy hanging out with Oliver the Parrot and the dogs and the kitties.  I'm not sure I'm "wintering on Cape Cod" material yet.  A week is not the same as several months.  I love the idea of holing up writing and hanging out with my furry and feathered friends-but I'm also afraid I'd feel really claustrophobic. My reality is that I need to be able to be near my parents if they need me-so it's fun to think about but not practical to actually do.

What I COULD do is some kind of summer or spring isolation thing-where I could get home if they needed me.  I'll have to give that some thought.  The first thing that comes to mind is that there cannot be bears-so where would one go to be isolated and bear free?

I also need a toilet and a shower.  I'm high maintenance. Electricity and internet.  I'm hopeless.

No comments: