Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Dissention in Scottyland

Lots of dissention about the big Scotty Rally. I really feel for the "leader" because I remember what it was like in DORBA www.dorba.org . Nicest group of people, but sometimes we forget that volunteers are just that, volunteers with jobs and other obligations. I'm sure it will all blow over. Apparently the big National Rally originally was just a camp out someone wanted to have, and it grew beyond itself....Been there, done that too, though mostly at work.

Sometimes things just take on a life of their own, particulary with people involved.

I've been daydreaming about themes and enhancements and customizations. I love love the red carpet, err, the red rubber carpet and I got wild and though about neoprene seats but I think it would be a bad thing with the dog hair.

I think it's OK to want to make a statement about who you are. In fact, I think more people should make statements about who THEY are instead of collecting a bunch of stuff that they are supposed to have.

The Scotty is really neat because it's a decoration/arts crafts project. I don't have to know about tappet covers or pistons or a zillion other things before it's road worthy. Just tires and whether or not the roof leaks. I did order some plans though, I do like to see how things are put together. I also ordered some laminate samples for the table. And I'm trying to think of something to do with the stove space-double points if I can leave the stove in-I like the way it looks and I love the yellow color of it.

I also put bids out on some vintage tupperware. In my former Scotty days tupperware was IT-the bees knees as it were. I even have gone melmac/acrylic in my kitchen at home, but the Scotty wants tupperware, and it shall have it.

No comments: